Join us for CavesLIVE: A Distance Learning Adventure on March 14, 2018. The webcast will:
- Educate students and others that caves and karst features on the surface are pathways to the subsurface
- Learn about how nutrient and energy sources move through those pathways into the subsurface, sustaining thriving communities of biota of all sizes.
- Educate about how people have used caves to sustain/protect life, for their cultural and spiritual practices, and for science, education, and fun.
- Understand the role of citizens, public land management agencies, and non-governmental organizations in stewarding natural resources.
- Increase participation in and understanding of citizen science programs related to caves and karst so that students learn the importance of being a good steward.
- Meet national education standards as they relate to Earth, Biological, and Social Sciences.
Scientists will be available during the webcast to answer questions from students.